The Truth about Music, Movies, Nightlife, and anything else related to entertaining your senses.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Johnny Cash: Ultimate Gospel

To be honest I was first introduced to Johnny Cash with the crazy media coverage surrounding the release of Walk the Line. As a fan of country music my whole life, I now realize how insane and highly unlikely that is. When I was asked to review ‘Cash: Ultimate Gospel’ I was very excited as I had not previously heard any of his gospel songs. The album features classic gospel tunes such as “Swing Low Sweet Chariot” and “Amazing Grace” as well as several less known but equally beautiful favorites. Starting off with a brief sermon by Cash himself the album flows effortlessly from one tune to the next, with an amazing sound quality. If you are a casual Johnny Cash fan or anyone who appreciates excellently performed gospel music this is a must have!
--J.J. Miller

TRACK LISTING:
1. Here Was A Man
2. The Preacher Said, "Jesus Said"
3. I Was There When It Happened Windows | Real
4. Belshazzar Windows | Real
5. That's Enough Windows | Real
6. It Was Jesus Windows | Real
7. The Old Account Windows | Real
8. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot Windows | Real
9. The Great Speckle Bird Windows | Real
10. He'll Understand And Say Well Done Windows | Real
11. How Great Thou Art
12. It Is No Secret (What God Can Do)
13. He Turned Water Into Wine
14. Were You There (When They Crucified My Lord) Windows | Real
15. Troublesome Waters Windows | Real
16. (There'll Be) Peace In The Valley (For Me) Windows | Real
17. When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder Windows | Real
18. In The Sweet By And By Windows | Real
19. My Ship Will Sail
20. Far Side Banks Of Jordan Windows | Real
21. Oh Come, Angel Band Windows | Real
22. Amazing Grace Windows | Real
23. Daddy Sang Bass Windows | Real
24. Children Go Where I Send Thee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home